SENTINAL MR705 Chainmail Rope Protector
The SENTINEL chainmail mid-rope protector has extremely high cut resistance for use in the rope access industry.
The durable stainless steel chainmail construction gives unrivalled performance whilst safeguarding against corrosion.
The ‘see through’ chainmail construction enables users to inspect the rope without having to remove the protector from the rope.
The SENTINEL chainmail rope protector is supremely simple and quick to fit, install and remove. It is supplied with a cord loop for attachment to structure or rope.
This mid rope protector contains a velcro closure strip along the length of the product to ensure that the rope is fully protected while in use.
Can also be used to protect ropes, lanyards, cowstails etc. when working with sharp tools or materials.
Dimensions (open) 45 x 16 cm
The supplementary attachment loop allows multiple protectors to be connected together to cover longer lengths.
NB: not recommended for use at an angle over an edge.
The SENTINEL withstood rigorous testing when compared to traditional canvas rope protector. In tests against a guillotined steel edge the chainmail withstood over 200 passes and was still in good condition. In the same test, canvas was cut through after 2 passes. and Kevlar withstood 6 passes before being cut through
Optional Cover available separately and attach to the SENTINEL with Velcro. Once fitted, the SENTINEL can be opened and closed as normal:
- MR705P – Grey TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane). Greater durability.
- Simple and quick to install
- Flexibility provides easy placement
- Wrap around style rope protector with Velcro closure
- Stainless steel for corrosion resistance
- Prussic loop attachment to rope with captive 3 mm cord
- Chain mail construction gives high cut resistance
- To protect paintwork or other easily damaged surfaces from chainmail replaceable covers are available
NB: Not recommended for use at an angle over an edge